Campaign Annual Celebrates Best Local Press Ads
The best local press ads of the year have been highlighted by Campaign magazine in its annual published this week.
A clever nautically themed John Lewis ad for Southampton was named the best local press ad of the year followed by Public Health England’s campaign to highlight blood pressure drop in centres in Wakefield.
The Scottish Government’s blue light campaign highlighting a reduction in the drink drive limit in the country was the other public sector campaign to feature in the list which featured two car manufacturers and two supermarkets.
The list highlights creative which played on regional identities such as an ad for Citroen which featured models of city skylines of Manchester, Liverpool and London and an ad for Renault’s Trafic which showed an electrician’s van in Blackpool’s illuminated Golden Mile.
The full list is:
- John Lewis, John Lewis Southampton
- Public Health England, The Blood Pressure Drop In, Wakefield
- Care for the Wild International, badger cull
- Aldi, Wine Rooney
- Scottish Government, blue light
- Citroen C1, love your city
- Renault, success booster
- First Great Western, building a greater west
- B&Q, Penrith store opening
- St Austell Brewery, south west rugby sponsorship