NMA Seeks Legal and Policy Advisor to Join Team
The News Media Association is seeking a legal, policy and regulatory affairs advisor to join the team in the association’s central London offices.
The post will involve working across the range of UK and EU issues that affect the news media industry, as part of the NMA’s representational work in Westminster, Whitehall and Brussels.
The post holder will also provide administrative support to committees and contribute to members’ services, such as provision of legal advice.
Responsibilities would include;
- identifying, analysing, monitoring and making submissions upon the wide range of UK and EU policy initiatives, legislative proposals and regulatory developments which affect the news media, with particular reference to advertising, marketing, e-commerce and similar media business concerns,
- representing the NMA and the industry in external meetings with government officials, politicians, regulatory bodies and industry associations,
- contributing to NMA committee work by researching and preparing briefings, agenda, policy papers and taking minutes,
- provision of NMA legal briefings, updates, training and telephone pre- publication advice services to member companies’ staff.
Candidates should have;
- a strong interest in the news media industry and promoting its development
- interest in regulatory issues and experience of legal advice work
- excellent communications skills
- flexibility and adaptability as to work undertaken, both independently and as part of a small team
- a legal background would be an advantage (law degree, part qualified or newly qualified would be considered).
Interested parties should send their cv and covering letter marked LPRA advisor application to Santha Rasaiah email@example.com.