Local Media Works Awards Challenges Planners to Think About Local Media
Powered by JICREG, the Local Media Works Awards is challenging media planners to think about how local media can help national brands reach communities across the UK.
The awards, which offer entrants a chance of winning £1,000 of Apple vouchers, challenge entrants to plan a campaign highlighting Airbus’ credentials as an employer in local communities across the UK.
The deadline for entries is 15 September at 5pm and the winners will be announced at a ceremony on 9 November at The Hospital Club in the heart of London.
The responses must have local and regional media at its core, and will be judged on innovative thinking about the opportunities afforded by local media.
The awards cover five categories; best original thinking, best strategy, best use of content, best use of local targeting, and best use of multi-platform.
A judging panel chaired by former Starcom Mediavest Group UK chief executive Stewart Easterbrook will assess entries from across the media industry. The judging panel is:
- Brandon Bell, Specsavers head of regional and local marketing;
- Andy Bolden, GlaxoSmithKline Europe media director / global head of trading;
- Owen Brace, DWP deputy director of communications;
- Kathryn Edwards, Airbus employment marketing advisor;
- Justin Fenton, Local Media Works head of marketing;
- Patrick Milne, DFS campaign marketing manager;
- Craig Nayman, Archant chief commercial officer, and Local Media Works chairman.
Local Media Works is holding a Motors Seminar for local publishers on the morning of 15 September with a presentation from Kantar, the research and insight specialist.
The seminar will also give an opportunity for local publisher motors specialists to present best practice examples as well as opportunities for collaboration.
The cost per head is £30 and will include a sandwich lunch. For further information about the awards and the seminar please contact Justin Fenton.