Last Chance to Enter Local Media Works Awards
Media planners have until the end of the week to enter The Local Media Works Awards which challenge entrants to plan a campaign highlighting Airbus’ credentials as an employer in local communities across the UK.
Powered by JICREG, the awards, which offer entrants a chance of winning £1,000 of Apple vouchers, highlight the unique power of local media can help national brands reach communities across the UK.
The responses must have local and regional media, in print and digital, at its core, and will be judged on innovative thinking about the opportunities afforded by local media.
The awards cover five categories; best original thinking, best strategy, best use of content, best use of local targeting, and best use of multi-platform.
The deadline for entries is 15 September at 5pm and the winners will be announced at a ceremony on 9 November at The Hospital Club in the heart of London.
The judging panel chaired by former Starcom Mediavest Group UK chief executive Stewart Easterbrook will assess entries from across the media industry. The judging panel consists of:
- Brandon Bell, Specsavers head of regional and local marketing;
- Andy Bolden, GlaxoSmithKline Europe media director / global head of trading;
- Owen Brace, DWP deputy director of communications;
- Kathryn Edwards, Airbus employment marketing advisor;
- Justin Fenton, Local Media Works head of marketing;
- Patrick Milne, DFS campaign marketing manager;
- Craig Nayman, Archant chief commercial officer, and Local Media Works chairman.