NMA To Recruit Policy And Regulatory Affairs Adviser
The News Media Association is looking to recruit a policy and regulatory affairs adviser to contribute to the NMA’s representational work on industry issues in Westminster and Whitehall.
The post becomes available when our current adviser Sofia Pesce leaves the NMA at the end of September to commence her Master of Laws at Cambridge University.
Sofia has provided excellent work, support and expertise to the team across our lobbying and Covid 19 activities over the past year, particularly in the crucial areas of Competition and Markets Authority regulation and competition reforms in the digital advertising market.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Identifying, analysing, monitoring and making submissions on the wide range of UK and EU policy initiatives, legislative proposals and regulatory developments which affect the news media;
- Representing the NMA and the industry in external meetings with government officials, politicians, regulatory bodies and industry associations;
- Contributing to NMA committee work by researching and preparing briefings, agenda, policy papers and taking minutes;
- Providing briefings, updates and advice to NMA members.
- General administrative support to committees and member services as part of a small team of NMA legal, policy and communications specialists.
Candidates should have:
- A strong interest in the news media industry and in promoting its development;
- A strong interest in legal and regulatory issues, particularly media law;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability as to work undertaken, both independently and as part of a small team.
The post is based at the NMA’s office in central London. Interested applicants should contact Lynne Anderson, deputy chief executive, at email@example.com with a copy of their CV and a cover letter, by 9 September.