Two Weeks Until Local Media Works Awards Winners Revealed
The winners of this year’s Local Media Works Awards which is sponsored by JICREG and celebrates the power of local press as a medium for national advertisers will be revealed at the awards ceremony in a fortnight’s time.
The winners of each of the five awards categories – best original thinking, best strategy, best use of content, best use of local targeting, and best use of multi-platform – will be revealed at the event on 9 November.
The overall winner, deemed by the judges to have planned the best campaign for Airbus with local and regional media at its core, will pocket £1,000 of Apple vouchers.
Entries were judged by a panel of senior media industry figures chaired by former Starcom Mediavest Group UK chief executive Stewart Easterbrook.
The judging panel consists of:
- Brandon Bell, Specsavers head of regional and local marketing;
- Andy Bolden, GlaxoSmithKline Europe media director/global head of trading;
- Owen Brace, DWP deputy director of communications;
- Liam Reynolds, managing director, national sales, Johnston Press;
- Kathryn Edwards, Airbus employment marketing advisor;
- Justin Fenton, Local Media Works head of marketing;
- Patrick Milne, DFS campaign marketing manager;
- Craig Nayman, Archant chief commercial officer, and Local Media Works chairman.
Stewart said of the entries: “You get a real sense of passion around local media coming through from the entries and a real belief in the fact that local media is still very relevant to the young age groups that we’ve been looking at.”
Kathryn Edwards, UK employment marketing specialist, Airbus, said: “We know local media is very important to the local community and it’s one of the key ways for us to engage with local people and keep them involved with Airbus.”